After several months of preparation behind the scenes at their workshop, AR Controls have successfully completed a significant amount of work again on time during the Automotive summer shutdown period.
All our client’s projects had a limited amount of time to be completed within and it was imperative that everything went to schedule without any delays.
22 team members worked at 3 client’s sites over a 2-week period, split into 3 teams, working 8 hour shifts to meet these tight deadlines, working at Nissan’s Trim & Chassis, Press Shop, Bumper plastics and Paint Shop facilities. In addition, other team members worked at Unipres Sunderland and Gestamp Tallent at Newton Aycliffe.
- 2 Heenan drive to SEW conveyor system upgrades (Nissan)
- IMM Molding machine upgrade (Nissan)
- Hydraulic control system and safety upgrade (Nissan)
- Press control system upgrade in partnership with HELM Instruments (Nissan)
- EC Paintshop Online Spot Repair system installing Control, Data & Machine Safety all utilizing Mitsubishi’s new iQR PLC system, CC Link IE remote I/O and Machine Safety I/O (Nissan)
- 3 Drop lifter projects in paint shop – Mitsubishi PLC Q series, iQR Series, L Series, A840 inverter upgrade, CC Link IE Network, ProfiNet Network, Sick S300 safety laser scanners, Sick Fusion intelligent safety light curtains and Sick Flexisoft configurable safety relay system plus Fortress Interlock Systems (Nissan)
- Several obsolete Omron PLC upgrades from CV series to CJ series (Nissan)
- On site conveyor modifications on behalf of NKC (Nissan)
- Full Mitsubishi Q series PLC upgrade on a 1200 tonne press at Unipres, Sunderland
- Industrial software support for Yaskawa at Gestamp Tallent Newton Aycliffe
After completion of all this work, there was a faultless start up at recommencement of production, much to the satisfaction of all the engineering teams at Nissan, Unipres and Gestamp Tallent.
Nissan plant, Sunderland:
Unipres plant, Sunderland:
Gestamp Tallent Plant, Newton Aycliffe:
Click here to go back to our blog page.
If you would like to know more about AR Controls head over to our website!